Increase your confidence
Persons with low self-concepts are constantly evaluating themselves because they have no confidence in themselves. They lack confidence in their intellectual or physical abilities, may feel worthless and feel that they are nothing but a nuisance to the people around them. This vicious circle will influence their behaviour.
They may have thoughts such as:
- My body is not good enough.
- I am unable to progress academically.
- I can expect nothing from life.
- My parents are unhappy with the way I am and wish that I was different.
- I dislike myself because I am worthless as a person.
- I feel worthless I feel pessimistic and negative
- I have little self-respect
- I am not willing to take risks
- I feel self-conscious
- I see myself as a failure even before any task has been attempted
- I can be discouraged easily.
- I tend to be withdrawn I can be easily intimidated
- I am afraid of taking chances
- I feel inferior I think that any good results happen by chance or pure luck
- I constantly put myself down I blame others
- I lack interest in competition
- I am sensitive to criticism
- I am over critical, emphasizing the faults of others.
- I feel unable to achieve success on my own.
- I hate myself
Hypnotherapy as treatment intervention has proved to be effective to create positive self-esteem and as a result the person:
- has self-respect, pride, self-acceptance and self-love
- has increased motivation
- has increased mastery and ego strength
- has increased self-control skills
- feels competent to handle life’s challenges
- is willing to express his/her opinions and ideas
- approaches people with an expectation that they will like him/her.
- is willing to become involved with activities.
- expects to be successful.
This can help both adults and children in many situations that would otherwise create anxiety: dating, work, public speaking, academic performance, sports performance, sexuality and intimacy, self-image and any social setting.
I use a combination of cognitive behaviour therapy ( CBT) and hypnotherapy to look into negative thought processes, emotions, behaviours and limiting beliefs challenging those unhelpful beliefs and replace them with helpful ones to improve self-image, increase motivation allowing a much more positive and satisfying life.