August, 20203 de November de 2020
How I work
People cannot afford to spend a lot of time, money and energy attending traditional therapy; therefore I believe that brief approaches that have been developed such as Solution Focused, Solution Oriented and Brief therapy are most effective.
The Solution Focused Evidence-based techniques I use include a variety of integrative practices, philosophies and treatments tailored to each individual.
Firstly, I will take a full case history and discuss your problems and the goals that you want to achieve; we will discuss how they can be addressed and solved and the different therapeutic strategies that we can implement, and together we agree the way forward. There might be some tasks to complete at home to aid the changing of thoughts, emotions and behaviours between sessions. To obtain the maximum benefit, it’s essential that you commit to the process; I will obviously be advising and helping you along the way but your full co-operation and commitment are paramount.
|Rational Emotive Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy (RECBH), is a cutting edge technique which is a combination of CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) and Hypnotherapy that helps with a wide range of behavioural, physical and emotional issues.|
This technique is different from traditional schools of hypnotherapy as it combines different methods to achieve your personal goals, values and needs; I also include and combine with positive psychology, neuro-linguistic programming ( NLP), Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and quantum psychology, to name a few. This combination of techniques and disciplines helps me to create a personalised, tailored service for my clients because everyone is unique, thus avoiding the one size fits all approach.
Cognitive Behaviour Hypnotherapy is an action-oriented approach to emotional growth that focuses on people’s capacity for creating, altering and controlling their emotional states. The emphasis is on the beliefs and attitudes, painful emotions and dysfunctional behaviours that can sabotage a fuller experience of life. This approach provides the clients with the knowledge and skills needed to take back control of their own thoughts, feelings and behaviours to deal with the problems in a positive way.
CBT helps us to understand how our style of thinking and our beliefs affect our emotions, feelings, behaviours and thoughts and hypnotherapy helps us to install new helpful beliefs and change dysfunctional thought patterns, like generalisation, ‘Awfulisation’, Low frustration tolerance or blaming oneself or others.
Therefore the cognitive part helps you to understand what happens and what needs to be changed; it teaches how to overcome problems such as binge eating, or create solutions or new behaviours such acting confidently in any situation; and then the suggestions made to the subconscious during hypnotherapy make these changes happen in a natural way because Hypnosis can bypass the conscious and rational mind, where the bad habits, negative thoughts and responses are being held, so that the suggestions that are given to the subconscious can more easily and quickly enter the conscious mind and be accepted as true. Then, you are able to believe, visualise, imagine and feel the positive changes as if they have already happened.
The reason why we combine these two approaches is because scientific studies have shown that clients receiving cognitive behaviour hypnotherapy were better off and led to greater improvement than 80% of clients receiving CBT only.
Benefits of Rational Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Hypnotherapy:
- Faster results
- Quickly identifies the issues, problems, unhelpful beliefs in a rational way
- You will learn a technique that you will be able to use for any future situation.
- Hypnosis enables to accept the new helpful beliefs in a both conscious and unconscious way.
I will teach you self-hypnosis techniques to use between sessions; techniques that can bring you lots of benefits in other future situations.
I also use these techniques:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy. It is an effective treatment that enables people to heal from emotional distress caused by disturbing experiences, such as trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It helps your brain to process the thoughts and feelings like it did before the event.
- Quantum psychology. It brings together eastern philosophies and quantum physics, integrated into western psychology.
- Eye Movement Integration Therapy (EMIT) is used to treat trauma, phobias, distressing memories and the underlying memory processes that contribute to panic disorder.
- Ego State Therapy seeks to treat those dysfunctional parts of our psyche that are driving both psychological and somatic symptoms. It’s effective with a wide range of symptoms, from menstrual headaches through to trauma.
- Regression – This involves going back to the past to release negative emotions and blocks.